Thursday 21 July 2011

How to get stronger and longer nails

I don't know why but for the past few months my nails have become quite fragile (they were cracking from the tips). I started trying new nail strengtheners and nail growth formulas. Couple weeks back I read some reviews about Rejuvacote by Duri on makeupalley.com and I had to try it out.
Every time I try a new product (i.e., nail polish, cream, etc) I usually read the reviews posted on Makeupalley.com before I buy it (either online or in store). Because I find there reviews are really helpful and honest (by honest I mean anyone who has used the product can write a positive / negative review about it). After reading the reviews I decided I was going to give it a try, and I bought it from online.

The nail polish is packed in a small box. The front (and back) of the box has an image of the bottle and it says "from dying nails to nails to die for," and it has their website posted on it. (Going clockwise) The other side has directions on how to use it and get this straight it can be used as a top and a base coat. After reading that I was starting to have second thoughts about it (i.e., is it really going to work because when a product can be used as a base + top coat it usually isn't that great). Lastly the last side reads "Rejuvacote the nail doctor will heal and care your split, cracked and acrylic eaten nails. In a matter of weeks you will enjoy the look and feel of strong, vital, natural nails."

The bottle is a clear glass bottle (it contains pink liquid inside it) with a black top, and it contains 0.61 fl.oz. (around 18 ml). The bottle has instructions and the ingredients on it.

Know moving onto the product itself! The first time I applied it the only part I hated about it was the weird burning feeling I got on my pinky finger (I got some of the formula on my cuticle which had a minor cut on it) for around a day or so. My nails usually take around over 1 week before u can notice them growing, but with Rejuvacote it took less than a week before I noticed my nails growing. Start of week two I noticed my nails were a bit stronger than what they used to be . By stronger I mean it's a bit harder to bend them compared to before. The only problem I’ve had with this product is the polish tends to chip after a while. After three weeks I've file down my nails around 2 times and even than they are a pretty good length; also my nails are really hard.

I also figured out how to keep the formula on my nails (without it peeling off) : 1. apply a base coat and apply Rejuvacote on top, 2. use the side called perfect polishing (on your buffering block) and apply Rejuvacote on top of your nails.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...