Wednesday 18 April 2012

Sometime the Simplest Things in Life Matter

For today's post I'll be posting only swatches :(. One of them is new while the other two are old. Actually I was going to stop updating my blog until April 27 but then I didn't feel right just ending my blog for a week without giving any notice/reason to be readers. The reason is I'm currently having my finals so for me to even do my nails is really in-vain (even though it reduces my stress level) because I usually end up ruining my manicure without realizing it (I'll post a picture at the end explaining what I mean :P).

For the first set of swatches I want to start with Catherine Arley # 676, it's a silver holographic nail polish. It's a Bulgarian brand of polish, and can be bought from beautycosmetic.biz; I bought mine from ebay (heard some people had terrible experience with the website). Anyways, the application is smooth (I did need to apply 3-4 coats because I found the formula to be a bit thinner than what I'm used to) and to top it  off you don't really need a top coat to finish the look because it dries really fast and has a smooth finish to it; in my opinion it's better than #61 from Nfu-Oh and unlike Nfu-Oh you don't need to buy a special base coat to apply it (or if you are using a normal base coat use 2-3 coats before applying Nfu-Oh). I think I might swatch this again after my exams are done because the swatches didn't turn out that great. Anyways, enough chip chapping, time to see the swatches:


 lol I can't really say swatches in sun light because the sun was setting when I took the pictures so they didn't turn out that great. So, swatches in partial Sunlight:


Moving on to the next color. For this manicure I used Splash of Grenadine by Essie, it's a pinky purplish color (actually it's somewhere in between the two shades). The formula is smooth and you can get away with just two coats, but to be on the safe side I used three. Actually if I had an option of wearing only two colors for rest of my life than I'd chose Splash of Grenadine and Papaya Punch (by China Glaze). Swatches of Splash of Grenadine:


I decided to layer Cream Pearl by Kleancolor (a clear glitter polish with really small glitters of purple, blue, green, orange and pink in it) on top. How it looked after I was done:


Finally my last design (yes I said design not swatch) for the day. For this design I used Dutch 'Ya Just Love OPI? by OPI, it's a dark reddish purple with golden and red shimmer in it (I forgot to take pictures of the color but I'll post it once my exams are done). I stamped bundle monster's flower print from plate BM-221 with yellow Konad stamping polish on top. Swatches of the final result:
If you don't want to see a ruined manicure (or be grossed out) than I think you should stop here before clicking on read more. Hope you enjoyed my post for today. If you liked it or hated it let me know in the comment section below. If you want to continue click on read more :-).


I know I usually post a swatch with and without flash but for this manicure before I could do that I ruined it. Like I mentioned in beginning of my post when I'm stressed out I usually end up ruin my manicure within an hour this is what I meant (Image below). I usually start fiddling with my nails without realizing it :(.
Hope you enjoyed my post for today. If you liked it or hated it let me know in the comment section below.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...