Sunday 6 May 2012

Simple Blending Manicure

For today's manicure I decided to do a blending or gradient manicure using primary colors only. (If you forgot primary colors are red, blue, and yellow; and when you combine 2 primary colors you get secondary colors, ie., red and yellow make orange, red and blue make purple, yellow and blue make green and if you combine them all you get black.)

Video Tutorial:
(will be updated once the video is uploaded on youtube)



I applied 2 coats of White on White by China Glaze as my base color (you can use 1 if you want because you are going to be covering it later on). Once my white nail polish dried I applied yellow (Happy go Lucky by China Glaze), red (Hey Sailor by China Glaze), and blue (dark blue is called First Mate and it's by China Glaze; the light blue is called Flyin' High and it also by China Glaze) using a cosmetic sponge.

For stamping I used BM-223, BM-225, BM21, BM-206, and BM20 from bundle monster set 1 and set 2. (Note for some of these images you might have to stamp more than once to get it on your entire nail.)
For 'Look 1' I used white Konad stamping polish for stamping, and for 'Look 2' I used black Konad stamping polish for stamping.

For the triangular french tip I applied tape, at an angel, on my tips. Note before applying the tape make sure your nails are dry and the tape isn't too sticky (simply apply the tape on your skin and remove it 2-3 times; image on the left). I applied Black Satin by Rimmel London (on 'Look 1'; I applied White on White by China Glaze on 'Look 2') on the tips of my nail (area that wasn't covered with tape).  Once the polish was settled in (as in it's starting to dry but it's not fully dry) I removed the tape and allowed it to dry. Using bundle monster plate BM-210 I stamped the black (white for 'Look 1') area of my nail with white (black for 'Look 2') stamping polish. I drew a line parallel to the tip (assuming the tip is a right angle triangle than parallel to the hypotenuse) using Silver Glitter by Art Deco. 'Look 1' (after applying top coat):

'Look 2' (after applying top coat):

Hope you enjoyed my post for today. If you liked it or hated it let me know in the comment section below.

4 comments:

  1. How pretty!I like it .I can call that ((Happy nails))with all these beautiful colors.voted,wish you luck in the contest

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun manicure!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...